Thank you for using the Snapbets application programming interfaces (the “Snapbets APIs”). By using the Snapbets APIs, you agree to the terms below. If you disagree with any of these terms, Snapbets does not grant you a license to use the Snapbets APIs. We reserve the right to update and change these terms from time to time without notice. You can always find the most recent version of these terms here http://snapbets.com/apitermsofuse.
Your license to the Snapbets APIs under these terms continues until it is terminated by either party. You may terminate the license by discontinuing use of all or any of the Snapbets APIs. Snapbets may terminate the license at any time for any reason. Your rights to use the Snapbets APIs terminate automatically if (i) you violate any of these terms, (ii) Snapbets publicly posts a written notice of termination on snapbets.com, (iii) Snapbets sends a written notice of termination to you, or (iv) Snapbets disables your access to the Snapbets APIs.
1. Licensed Uses and Restrictions
The Snapbets APIs are owned by Snapbets and are licensed to you on a worldwide (except as limited below), non-exclusive, non-sublicenseable basis on the terms and conditions set forth herein. These terms define legal use of the Snapbets APIs, including all updates, revisions, substitutions, and any copies of the Snapbets APIs made by or for you. Snapbets user photos and videos (“User Content”) are owned by the users and not by Snapbets. All rights not expressly granted to you are reserved by Snapbets.
– Comply with any requirements or restrictions imposed on usage of User Content by their respective owners. Remember, Snapbets doesn’t own User Content – Snapbets users do. Although the Snapbets APIs can be used to provide you with access to User Content, neither Snapbets’ provision of the Snapbets APIs to you nor your use of the Snapbets APIs override User Content owners’ requirements and restrictions, which may include “all rights reserved” notices (attached to User Content by default when uploaded to Snapbets), Creative Commons licenses or other terms and conditions that may be agreed upon between you and the owners. In ALL cases, you are solely responsible for making use of User Content in compliance with owners’ requirements or restrictions.
– Comply with any other terms and conditions a user has attached to his or her User Content. For example, if a user marks a photo as “private” after using your service, your application must reflect those changes as soon as reasonably possible. If your application has any cached copies of User Content that has become “private,” you must remove such User Content as soon as reasonably possible.
– Remove from your application within 24 hours any User Content or other information that the owner asks you to remove.
You shall not:
– Use the Snapbets APIs for any application that replicates or attempts to replace the essential user experience of snapbets.com or the Snapbets apps.
– Use the Snapbets APIs to spam, incentivize, or harass users.
– Participate in any “like”, “share”, “comment”, or “follower” exchange programs.
– Use the Snapbets APIs to post automated content to Snapbets, including likes and comments that were not initiated and entered by a Snapbets user.
– Attempt to cloak or conceal your identity or your application’s identity when requesting authorization to use Snapbets APIs.
– Display more than 30 Snapbets photos or videos per page in your application or use an unreasonable amount of bandwidth.
– Cache or store any User Content other than for reasonable periods in order to provide the service you are providing to Snapbets users.
– Use the Snapbets APIs for any application that constitutes, promotes or is used in connection with spyware, adware, or any other malicious programs or code.
– Use the Snapbets APIs in any manner or for any purpose that violates any law or regulation, or any rights of any person, including but not limited to intellectual property rights, rights of privacy, or rights of personality.
– Use Snapbets as a generic image hosting service for banner advertisements, graphics, etc.
– Use the Snapbets APIs in a manner that adversely impacts the stability of snapbets.com servers or adversely impacts the behavior of other applications using the Snapbets APIs. Further, we reserve the right to rate limit or block applications that make a large number of calls to the API that are not primarily in response to direct user actions.
– Sell, lease, or sublicense the Snapbets APIs or access thereto or derive revenues from the use or provision of the Snapbets APIs, whether for direct commercial or monetary gain or otherwise, except as set forth below.
2. Brand Assets
Use of Snapbets’ brand assets (e.g., the Snapbets name and logo) is governed by Snapbets Brand Guidelines, which are incorporated herein by reference.
3. Ownership and Relationship of Parties
The Snapbets APIs may be protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, international treaties, and/or other proprietary rights and laws of Canada and other countries. Snapbets’ rights apply to the Snapbets APIs and all output and executables of the Snapbets APIs, excluding any software components developed by you which do not themselves incorporate the Snapbets APIs or any output or executables of the Snapbets APIs. You agree to abide by all applicable proprietary rights laws and other laws, as well as any additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in these terms. Snapbets owns all rights, title, and interest in and to the Snapbets APIs. These terms grant you no right, title, or interest in any intellectual property owned or licensed by Snapbets, including (but not limited to) the Snapbets APIs and Snapbets trademarks.
Snapbets may elect to provide you with support or modifications for the Snapbets APIs (collectively, “Support”), in its sole discretion, and may terminate such Support at any time without notice to you. Snapbets may change, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of the Snapbets APIs at any time, including the availability of any Snapbets APIs. Snapbets may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Snapbets APIs or the Snapbets Web site without notice or liability.
5. Fees and Payments
Snapbets is committed to free and open access to our APIs for non-commercial purposes. However, providing the APIs does have real costs for Snapbets. For uses of Snapbets APIs over a certain rate or for certain types of commercial applications, Snapbets reserves the right to charge fees for future use of or access to the Snapbets APIs.
6. Disclaimer of Any Warranty
Some of the Snapbets APIs may be experimental and not tested in any manner. Snapbets does not represent or warrant that any Snapbets APIs are free of inaccuracies, errors, bugs, or interruptions, or are reliable, accurate, complete, or otherwise valid.
The Snapbets APIs are provided “as is” with no warranty, express or implied, of any kind and Snapbets expressly disclaims any and all warranties and conditions, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, availability, security, title and/or non-infringement.
Your use of the Snapbets APIs is at your own discretion and risk, and you will be solely responsible for any damage that results from the use of any Snapbets APIs including, but not limited to, any damage to your computer system or loss of data.
7. Limitation of Liability
Snapbets shall not, under any circumstances, be liable to you for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising out of or in connection with use of the Snapbets APIs, whether based on breach of contract, breach of warranty, tort (including negligence, product liability or otherwise), or any other pecuniary loss, whether or not Snapbets has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Under no circumstances shall Snapbets be liable to you for any amount.
8. Exclusions and Limitations
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations of sections 6 and 7 may not apply to you.
9. Release and Waiver
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you hereby release and waive all claims against Snapbets, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, licensors, co-branders or other partners, and employees from any and all liability for claims, damages (actual and/or consequential), costs and expenses (including litigation costs and attorneys’ fees) of every kind and nature, arising from or in any way related to your use of the Snapbets APIs. If you are a California resident, you waive your rights under California Civil Code 1542, which states, “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.” You understand that any fact relating to any matter covered by this release may be found to be other than now believed to be true and you accept and assume the risk of such possible differences in fact. In addition, you expressly waive and relinquish any and all rights and benefits which you may have under any other state or federal statute or common law principle of similar effect, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Hold Harmless and Indemnity
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to hold harmless and indemnify Snapbets and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, licensors, co-branders or other partners, and employees from and against any third-party claim arising from or in any way related to your use of the Snapbets APIs, including any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages (actual and/or consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys’ fees, of every kind and nature. Snapbets shall use good faith efforts to provide you with written notice of such claim, suit or action.
11. General Terms